To play Ludo is an emotion. Playing Ludo helps us break out from our monotonous life routine, and indulge in a fun & engaging game with our family and friends. Ludo is probably India’s most popular board game that has an ancient heritage. The game is a modified version of the traditional boardgame ‘Pachisi’. It was the British colonizers, who changed certain elements of Pachisi, and patented it into the famous boardgame we now know as Ludo. Since then, the boardgame has travelled worldwide, and today, the Ludo game has many versions.
Traditionally the Ludo game was played offline. However, with the advent of the internet, Ludo has taken over the digital world as well. Now, Ludo lovers can play the game anytime, anywhere, all they need is a stable internet connection. Although, there are many versions of the Ludo game now, let us look at some of the universal rules of the Ludo game below:
HOW TO PLAY LUDO?
- Ludo is a boardgame of dice played between 2 to 4 players. Players start the game by throwing their dice in a clockwise direction.
- The goal of the game is to take all 4 pawns or Gotis home from the base before other players.
- The Ludo dice has numbers from 1 to 6, and players take turns to throw the dice. As per the dice outcome, players move their Gotis across the board towards home.
- Gotis have to move 57 steps across the Ludo board to reach home.
- Note; Players can start moving a Goti from the base, only when they get 6 during a dice throw.
- In the Ludo game, players can kill each other’s Gotis when it lands on an opponent’s Goti.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF LUDO?
Ludo is very much a game of skills. There are many benefits of playing Ludo.
- Ludo improves our Logical & Cognitive Skills:
Playing Ludo enhances our brain development and improves our planning skills. The Ludo game requires considerable amount of concentration and logical ability, thus, making us stay alert and attentive all the time.
- Ludo is a Great Stress Buster:
Stress is a part and parcel of modern life. The Ludo game allows us to forget about our daily busy schedule for some time, and helps us escape and give some much-needed relaxation.
- Ludo Brings Us Together:
We all have memories of getting cosy, and playing Ludo together with our loved ones. This is what Ludo does. It brings people together. No wonder Ludo is one of the oldest surviving board games in the world.
The Bottom Line:
There are a few things to keep in mind while playing Ludo. It’s a fun, strategic boardgame that is not just about luck. The Ludo game is a mix of luck, strategy and skills, that helps us to improve our logical skills. Along with that, Ludo gives us an opportunity to build relationships & friendships.